Sometimes there is more opportunity than time to take it up. Today I was going to join my Chisholm friends in a session of art making and creative chatter; however, I made what turned out to be the correct call and worked on finalising the preparations for next week’s arts activities at Warrnambool and Port Fairy.
And what week! I am so looking forward to it. I’ll be
- a resident at The Artery – the vibrant Arts hub of Warrnambool,
- meeting heaps of new people who are involved in art and writing;
- delivering a few arts workshops,
- attending a workshop,
- connecting with a writing group,
- partipating at an open mic,
- attending the fProject’s BIG Fletcher Jones Garden Party Christmas Market,
- and the parade through town (Warrnambool) beforehand;
- installing an exhibition or two, and
- deinstalling my own Mind Drawing Children’s Stories exhibition at the end of the week- but not before
- drawing in the gallery at Blarney Books and Art (James Street, Port Fairy),
- presenting a pop-up workshop,
- giving an artist’s talk and
- celebrating the successful month at Blarney’s with a fun shindig during which we shall
- launch the exhibition tour with a toast – sending it on its way to the Cardinia Cultural Centre in Pakenham, where it will open on 10th January 2017.
Oh! And I think I’m also giving a talk to a group of students from a local primary school.